- Global Search
- Searches forums, members, groups, events, and status updates.
- Members, groups, and events conveniently appear in the right rail to accelerate the search experience.
- Results from private groups only appear to members of those groups.
- Results for Status Updates include the complete Status Update, along with excerpts from matching comments.
- Simple filters and sorting
- Forum Search
- Search across all forums.
- Forum Category Search
- Search within an individual forum.
- Group Forum Search
- Search within a group’s forum, restricting access to group members if the group is a private group.
- Member Search
- Member Discussions Search
- Search for discussions to which the given member has contributed.
- Group Search
- Search across all groups.
- Event Search
- Search all events.
- Happier members. Transforms e-mails complaining about the quality of the search function into glowing reviews.
- You have your data
- In order to drive the search, the search app collects all the content from your Ning network using a variety of web scrapers. This effectively means that you have all your member data, forums, groups, events, and status updates. The archives that Ning gives you are both corrupted and incomplete. Having your own data gives you a huge leg up, should you wish to migrate from Ning in the future.
- Lucene running in an ElasticSearch cluster
- Rails 4